Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has vowed to “fix” Facebook, in what he described as his personal challenge for 2018.In a post on his page on the social network, he said it was making too many errors enforcing policies and preventing misuse of its tools.Mr Zuckerberg has famously set himself challenges every year since 2009. Facebook launched in 2004.Social media firms have come under fire for allowing so-called fake news ahead of US and other elections to spread.Facebook in particular has been criticised for allowing Russia-linked political ads in the run-up to the 2016 US presidential vote.Mr Zuckerberg said he intended to focus on “important issues”, which he listed as “protecting our community from abuse and hate, defending against interference by nation states, or making sure that time spent on Facebook is time well spent”.”We won’t prevent all mistakes or abuse, but we currently make too many errors enforcing our policies and preventing misuse of our tools,” he wrote.”If we’re successful this year then we’ll end 2018 on a much better trajectory.”The Facebook CEO said he would learn more by looking intensely at those issues than by doing something completely separate. In the past his New Year resolutions have included wearing… Read full this story
- Aaron Sorkin Reminds Mark Zuckerberg of a Little Movie Called
- Mark Zuckerberg, Jack Dorsey and the fight for social media's soul
- A 2019 Clip of AOC Grilling Mark Zuckerberg About Right-Wing Sources Has Now Gone Viral
- 'He is part of this problem': AOC says Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook are 'partially responsible' for the Capitol riot and says that Congress should hold tech titans accountable because 'they allowed it'
- How to Watch Mark Zuckerberg Libra Testimony After Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Opens DMs for Public Questions
- Mark Zuckerberg: Social media platforms shouldn't fact-check Trump
- Selena Gomez sheds light on her decision to critique Mark Zuckerberg: ‘I couldn’t handle it’
- Selena Gomez Urges Facebook to Take Action Against Misinformation
- Facebook to ban ads promoting weapon accessories, protective gear in US
- Facebook has no plans to lift Trump ban, says operations chief Sheryl Sandberg
Mark Zuckerberg vows to 'fix' Facebook have 341 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at January 4, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.