One thing that’s clear as touchscreen and digital interfaces take over automobile dashboards: All these screens add complexity and dangerous distraction to the driving experience. Now Elon Musk has announced that Tesla owners “will be able to do pretty much anything via voice command” in the Model 3 thanks to a future software update.Musk made the promise on Twitter, where he’s been particularly active lately in responding to Tesla owners who ask about future software updates or reports of glitches. He was responding to a user who said “nearly everything you control on the Model 3 requires input on the screen. Thus, taking your eyes off of the road more than most other cars.”Artificial intelligence is quickly seeping into the automobile. Companies ranging from Hyundai, through its Blue Link remote service, and Toyota, Lexus and BMW through Amazon Alexa, are expanding voice-control integration in the cockpit.Musk in the same response noted that software developers are currently focused on “core Model 3 functionality,” and Tesla has many issues on its hands right now with the Model 3, from lagging production estimates to complaints from new owners about subpar interior materials. It’s also not clear whether the voice-control capability would be extended… Read full this story
- Elon Musk says AI could lead to third world war
- Elon Musk: AI ‘vastly more risky than North Korea’
- Tesla Model X: Elon Musk launches first all-electric SUV
- Want the best self driving car out there? DON'T buy a Tesla, Consumer Reports says as Cadillac beats Elon Musk's car in first test of semi autonomous systems
- Elon Musk rejected plan to add eye-tracking technology that ensured Tesla drivers were looking at the road because it was 'ineffective'
- Elon Musk: 'Chances are we're all living in a simulation'
- Elon Musk agrees to have his tweets pre-approved by a lawyer after causing financial chaos with reckless posts
- This may have been Tesla CEO Elon Musk's first car
- Here's What Elon Musk's Mother Said About an Old Photo of Him Fixing a Car Window
- Elon Musk’s mother shares a throwback picture, Twitter loves it
Tesla Model 3 to get expanded voice control, Elon Musk says have 340 words, post on www.autoblog.com at January 16, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.