An insider’s guide into the top places and cities to visit in Italy – and where to stay while you’re there – including the best for couples and families, in locations including Venice, Rome, Florence, the Amalfi Coast, Milan, the Italian Lakes, Sicily and Puglia. Florence The cradle of the Renaissance, Florence is one of Europe’s great art cities. There’s so much exquisite art and architecture, it’s difficult to know where to start. But Florence is also a living city with a vibrant restaurant and nightlife scene, and a lively cultural movida that goes beyond old masters to embrace opera, classical music and contemporary art. Handsome, historic, full of quirky shops and quality crafts, and close to the vine-covered hills of Chianti, it’s one of Europe’s most civilised long weekend destinations. Where to stay AdAstra Florence, Tuscany, Italy 9 Telegraph expert rating AdAstra is set in the largest private garden ‘intra moenia’ (between walls) in Europe. The owners have taken the period features (frescoes, vast chandeliers, fine stucco-work and creaky original parquet floors) and added a quirky yet convincing mix of vintage, up-cyled and reclaimed furniture. Read expert review From £ 94 per night Check availability Rates provided by Booking.com… Read full this story
- Tory MP will NOT quarantine herself after visiting coronavirus-hit Westminster bus conference - after two Labour MPs dramatically chose to put themselves in two-week isolation despite advice saying the DON'T have to
- Moretti, Texas Tech top K-State 69-62, stay in 3rd in Big 12
- Italian bus driver sparks coronavirus panic in France: Cops impound coach from Milan after driver begins displaying symptoms, shortly after Mauritius demanded plane passengers from Italy flew straight back or entered quarantine
- 'Every pore on my body opened': British victim describes what it's like to have coronavirus as he's treated in Japan after catching virus on infection-riddled ship the Diamond Princess as two other passengers DIE
- Brits are the LAST to leave coronavirus cruise ship: 74 British Diamond Princess passengers are STILL waiting for rescue as hundreds more foreigners are airlifted to safety
- British coronavirus cruise ship airlift is DELAYED: Flight to rescue 74 UK nationals trapped on infection-riddled Diamond Princess is pushed back a day because of 'logistical complications'
- Evacuation flight carrying 32 British and European passengers evacuated from the coronavirus-riddled Diamond Princess takes off with less than HALF of the 78 UK nationals trapped on the cruise ship as officials admit some have refused to get on plane
- Home at last... but straight to quarantine: British and Irish evacuees flash OK and heart signs as they arrive at Arrowe Park Hospital for two-week containment ordeal after 20-day hell on Diamond Princess plague ship
- Top news of the day: Ranil Wickremesinghe delivers keynote address on day 2 of The Huddle 2020; entry gate at Motera stadium collapses ahead of Trump's visit, and more
- 18 Terminal Romance Movies Ranked, From
The 12 best places to visit in Italy have 466 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at January 31, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.