The trial of two men accused of raping and killing a Vietnamese woman began in England on Wednesday, with prosecutors describing the incident as a “terrifying” and “violent” ordeal, media reports said. Stephen Unwin and William McFall allegedly held Quyen Ngoc Nguyen captive, forced her to hand over her bank details, raped and then burned her while she was probably still alive last August, Newcastle Crown Court heard. Nguyen, a 28-year-old nail bar worker and single mother of a four-year-old boy, was killed for “depraved sexual lust and financial greed,” prosecutors said, as cited by Chronicle Live. Her body was found in the back of her Audi five hours after she was captured on CCTV camera arriving at the home that Unwin, 40, and McFall, 51, shared in northeast England. CCTV also showed the two men moving her body, and Unwin carrying a petrol can, a prosecutor said, as cited by Belfast Live. The duo were involved in property maintenance and Nguyen was looking for a tenancy, although the precise purpose of her visit was unclear, prosecutors said. The victim’s DNA was found on McFall’s gun at the house, as well as on Unwin’s lounge pants and McFall’s underwear, the… Read full this story
- Robert Durst is ordered to stand trial for the murder of his close female friend in LA 18 years ago in bid to 'keep her from telling cops what she knew about his wife's disappearance'
- In 4-day trial, 3 convicts get death for child’s rape-murder in Jharkhand
- Northland woman charged with murdering baby found fit to stand trial
- Fast-track court to try rape, murder accused
- Unnao rape, murder case: Delhi court defers judgment to Wednesday
- DNA leads to deceased suspect in Vallejo woman’s 47-year-old rape, murder
- Female Inmate Claims She Was Raped by Transgender ‘Woman’ Moved into Housing Unit
- EXCLUSIVE: Robert Durst goes on trial as DailyMailTV reveals the inside of the 76-year-old's hospital jail cell - littered with novels, magazines and urine-stained sheets - where the real estate scion has been waiting for his day in court
- Lindsay Birbeck 'murder': Teen 'hid mum-of-two's plastic-wrapped body in wheelie bin'
- Man charged with killing black men set for mental evaluation
Men stand trial in UK for rape and murder of Vietnamese woman have 356 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at February 22, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.