When an antivirus company boosts its consumer-facing products with features honed in the Enterprise environment, things can get interesting. In addition to the expected protection against malware, the new Sophos Home Premium boasts ransomware protection, exploit prevention, keystroke encryption, and more. Managing these high-end features takes a degree of tech expertise, but if you have the know-how, you can manage them for others. Sophos also offers a free edition, without the most advanced features, but even the premium edition isn’t expensive. For $50 per year, you can install the product on up to 10 computers, either PCs or Macs. That’s just $5 per year per device. With Bitdefender, Kaspersky, and Webroot, $39.99 per year gets you just one license. A single Norton installation costs $49.99 per year. McAfee AntiVirus Plus looks expensive, at $59.99 per year, but that price gets you unlimited installations on all your Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS devices. 10 Photos in Gallery Online Dashboard In a business setting, IT security takes care of managing antivirus protection. Good IT doesn’t leave something that important to hapless employees. That remote management carries over into the consumer version. The program users see has a panel for security status, a… Read full this story
- Sophos Home is a free antivirus that caught all of our virus samples
- Office 365 Home Premium reaches 1 million subscribers in just over 100 days
- DirecTV launches $30 premium movie rentals
- Google Home & Home Mini Debut In India Starting At $69
- Symantec: Cyber Criminals Target Home Users
- Google Home vs Amazon Echo vs Apple HomePod: features comparison
- Braven leaves the outdoors behind with its Premium Home Series of speakers
- Are your smart devices making your home safer? Insurers aren't convinced
- Time Warner mulling “premium” on-demand movies?
- Logitech Circle 2 wired camera review: A feature-packed premium camera
Sophos Home Premium have 285 words, post on sea.pcmag.com at February 16, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.