Home • PC Game News • 19 Dominic Tarason Contributor 28th March 2018 / 5:00PM There are few games more influential on the JRPG genre than the Dragon Quest series. Classic all-ages tales of swords and sorcery adventure, held together with traditional turn-based combat in a world of charming monster & character designs from Dragon Ball artist Akira Toriyama. While a pair of spinoffs have made the jump already (Dragon Quest Heroes 1 & 2, which I still insist are two of the best Dynasty Warriors-derivatives), today’s announcement from Square Enix marks the first time in the series’ 32-year history that a core game has come to PC. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of An Elusive Age is due out this September 4th. On top of a more traditional trailer introducing the cast, Square-Enix have also released the chunk of gameplay footage above, opening in classic Dragon Quest fashion: Wandering around a field, bopping the most adorable slimes you ever will see. It all looks rather lovely, and there are no random encounters, just visible wandering monster-markers on the overworld. While on horseback you can gallop to knock enemies out of the way, should you not feel up to fighting them. Most interesting,… Read full this story
- Ni No Kuni Switch review: Studio Ghibli JRPG mash-up is pure magic on the Switch
- Fallout 76 DOWN Today: Server Status latest for PS4, Xbox, PC maintenance for February 19
- Fallout 76 DOWN Today: Server Status latest for PS4, Xbox, PC maintenance and Update 5
- Kingdom Hearts 3 PC release date news: Is new Square Enix game coming to PC in 2019?
- Nintendo Direct 2019 event news February 2019 Switch games announced
- New cheap classic will be right within your gaming budget
- The 25 biggest and best upcoming games in 2019
- Far Cry: New Dawn review: Ubisoft's colourful post-apocalyptic adventure is an uneven experiment
- Anthem gameplay preview: Hands-on with Bioware's ambitious shared world shooter
- When will George RR Martin's book The Winds of Winter arrive, and what will it mean for Game of Thrones?
Dragon Quest XI is bringing the grandpa of JRPGs to PC have 318 words, post on www.rockpapershotgun.com at March 28, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.