8. New York Mets Projected Opening Day Rotation: Jacob deGrom, Noah Syndergaard, Jason Vargas, Matt Harvey, Steven Matz Projected fWAR: 16.5 “As long as they stay healthy” is a phrase the Mets seem to use just about every year. But still, the top of this rotation is rock solid if both Jacob deGrom and Noah Syndergaard can take the mound every fifth day. Jason Vargas provides veteran stability in the middle, which is good because the rest is anyone’s guess. New York doesn’t lack options between Matt Harvey, Zack Wheeler, Steven Matz, Seth Lugo, and Robert Gsellman, so that’s at least working in their favor. Among those five hurlers, FanGraphs is projecting the most innings for Harvey (138), and he’s probably the most interesting guy to follow. With free agency on the horizon, this is an important platform year to at least show he can still be a capable starter. It all starts with his four-seamer, which has easily been the most frequently used pitch throughout his career. After opponents posted just a 71 wRC+ against the offering in 2013, that number has consistently climbed before settling in at a career-worst 172 mark last year. 7. Boston Red Sox Projected… Read full this story
- Reviewing 2015 MLB Draft: Top 10 players, including Alex Bregman and Walker Buehler, biggest busts and more
- MLB Power Rankings: Which teams are best suited for bullpen games in a shortened 2020 season?
- 2020 MLB Draft: Max Meyer's pitching coach explains why the Minnesota righty is a 'unicorn'
- 2020 MLB Mock Draft: Arizona State slugger Spencer Torkelson goes No. 1 to Tigers
- MLB 2020 season simulation: Royals, Astros continue shocking trends; Yankees lose key player
- Carlos Rodon needs Tommy John surgery as White Sox's bad fortune with young starters continues
Ranking MLB’s 10 Best Starting Pitching Rotations have 281 words, post on www.yardbarker.com at March 14, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.