Advertisement The AutoSave feature in Microsoft Office 365 can be a parachute for your forgetfulness. Yes, the AutoSave feature helps you recover your Office files, but there’s one important thing you should know about that little toggle button:When AutoSave is on, your changes are continually saved to the original, so any changes you make overwrites the original and you cannot get it back.How to Turn Off AutoSave in Microsoft Office 365Microsoft explains the AutoSave feature as a failsafe that automatically saves your file every few seconds so that anyone working with you on the cloud can instantly see the changes. But Microsoft has also removed the File > Save As command when you open a file via OneDrive, OneDrive for Business or SharePoint Online.So, what can you do to keep working and keep the original file intact? Disable AutoSave by toggling the switch to the Off position. You can disable AutoSave with a registry tweak if you are an Office 365 ProPlus subscriber. Uncheck the AutoRecover setting (File > Options > Save > Save AutoRecover information every X minutes). Disabling AutoSave permanently for specific files would have been the best solution. But, this feature is not system-wide and it is on by default for every… Read full this story
- These are the best Microsoft Office deals for September 2020
- Microsoft fights botnet after Office 365 malware attack
- Microsoft Office files can now be edited on Android
- Où acheter Microsoft Office : retrouvez tous les packs disponibles au meilleur prix
- Microsoft Office apps on iPad updated with trackpad and mouse support
- Here's how you can download Microsoft Office Professional 2016, legally, for £9.95
- Office 365 outage with roll back failure ends after more than six hours
- Truly master the Microsoft Office Suite and boost productivity at work
- You can now fully edit Microsoft Office files on Android G Suite
- Black leaders resist official push to stop using term 'police brutality'
Why You Should Stop Using AutoSave in Microsoft Office 365 have 308 words, post on www.makeuseof.com at March 30, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.