Previous Next 1 of 8 Ford may have just built the ultimate soccer-mom hot rod. The 2019 Ford Edge ST is the first crossover to wear Ford’s ST performance badge, previously seen on the Focus ST and Fiesta ST hot hatchbacks. But is Ford diluting the ST badge by slapping it on a utility vehicle? The Edge ST has the same 2.7-liter twin-turbocharged EcoBoost V6 used in the previous Edge Sport, as well as the Fusion Sport sedan. But the V6 makes 335 horsepower and 380 pound-feet of torque in the ST, compared to 315 hp and 350 lb-ft in the Edge Sport. An eight-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive are mandatory. The ST also features model-specific suspension tuning, along with an optional performance brake package. Ford won’t disclose any performance figures, so we can’t say for sure whether the Edge ST will offer a driving experience worthy of its high-octane badge. But given that performance is usually a low priority with family crossovers like the Edge, it’s not like the ST will have much direct competition. Like many modern vehicles, the Edge ST includes a Sport mode that alters different vehicle parameters to liven up the driving experience. In… Read full this story
- Focus: Young lawyer makes his mark among hot-rod drivers
- Hot Rod Hundley to broadcast 6 games for Lakers
- Jazz honor Hot Rod Hundley
- Grassley to Ford: Turn Over Communications with Dems
- Jamal Khashoggi Missing: Mike Pompeo Meets Saudi King as Google, Uber, Ford Turn Backs On Regime
- Holy hot rod! Supreme Court won't review ruling giving Batmobile copyright protection
- The 2019 Ford Ranger Should Put Up a Strong Off-Road Fight
- Review this summer into commitment for Bury St Edmunds Christmas Fayre from 2019
- Rajasthan High Court Recruitment 2019: Apply online for 69 Jr. Personal Assistant
- General election 2019: Farage calls on Johnson to 'build Leave alliance'
Ford turns 2019 Edge into a hot rod with 335-HP ST-edition have 305 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at April 9, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.