BOY George is best known as the flamboyant front man of Culture Club. Here’s everything you need to know about him and his colourful career in the music industry… Who is Boy George and what’s his real name? Boy George, 56, was born in Eltham, London and has four brothers and one sister. Before finding fame, Boy George lived in squats around the Warren Street area of Central London and was good friends with fellow 80s singer Marilyn. His real name is George Alan O’Dowd but he chose his stage name when he formed Culture Club in the early 1980s. He performed under the previous stage name Lieutenant Lush during his time with the group Bow Wow Wow. During his career, Boy George has put his name to a number of different projects including DJ sets, fashion design and photography. What are Culture Club’s greatest hits? Culture Club were one of the biggest bands of the 80s, with Boy George as its lead singer. During that time, the band had huge hits with Do You Really Want to Hurt Me, Time (Clock of the Heart) and Karma Chameleon, and went on to win Grammy and Brit Awards. Boy George was… Read full this story
- Culture club: Why I have always been a proud Swiftie
- Boy George slams The Voice Kids as 'nasty' for its harsh treatment of young children despite the star being a judge on The Voice Australia
- Boy George say The Voice Kids' treatment of contestants is 'nasty'
- ALEXANDRA SHULMAN'S NOTEBOOK: I'm all for girl power - but who's fighting for our boys?
- The 10 greatest second world war films you haven't seen
- What is Johnny Depp’s net worth and where does he live now?
- Australian killed in Beirut horror blast is revealed to be a two-year-old boy - as his distraught family reveal their heartbreak over the loss of their 'beautiful son'
- After the beaches, come the bars: Drinkers pack into pubs and clubs after a day spent on crowded beaches in 34.5C sunshine - but where's the social distancing?
- What It’s Like to Live in a Trump Building
- A city out of time: what do we dream of when we dream of Rome?
How old is Boy George, what’s his real name, what are Culture Club’s greatest hits and what’s his net worth? have 365 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 16, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.