The book " Turning mines into vines in Vietnam" made debut on April 24 (Photo: qdnd.vn) Hanoi (VNA) – Victims of leftover bombs in the central province of Quang Tri and support from the Roots of Peace (ROP), a non-governmental organisation of the US, are depicted in a pictorial book which was launched by the Vietnam Union of Friendship Organisations (VUFO) and the ROP on April 24. The book, entitled "Turning mines into vines in Vietnam", gathers local journalist Phan Tan Lam's stories and photos of unlucky people who suffered loss of a part of their bodies caused by post-war bombs and mines. At the launching ceremony, Deputy Director General of the People's Aid Coordinating Committee under the VUFO Pham Anh Dao highlighted that the book will create opportunity for the public to have deeper understanding about efforts made by the VUFO and foreign non-governmental organisations in alleviating poverty, developing socio-economy and recovering post-war consequences. ROP President Heidi Kuhn said that her organisation is joining hands with the Mines Advisory Group in the UK to mobilise 20 million USD to aid mine and bomb clearance in Quang Tri province as well as improve livelihood for local people. The book will serve… Read full this story
- Coronavirus latest: Merkel speaks of greatest post-war challenge
- 'The perfect time to start': how book clubs are enduring and flourishing during Covid-19
- Stella prize 2015: the shortlisted authors on the stories behind their books
- Man Booker prize: the six shortlisted authors reveal the story behind the book
- Alicia Keys Reveals Her Lifelong Struggle to Find Herself in New Book: 'I've Been Putting on a Mask'
- The war we almost lost
- Brother in the Land told me (at 10) why I wouldn’t survive nuclear war
- The cruellest abuse of kindness: A little girl 'fleeing war-torn Afghanistan', a kind-hearted Yorkshireman whose bid to help her inspired Hollywood - and now the shocking twist: it was all a lie concocted by her father with a dark secret...
- All Is Fair In War And Love?(2)
- Series Mania Confirms Titles, Launches Pioneering Virtual Digital Forum
Picture book on post-war consequence recovery launched have 342 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at April 24, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.