She’s representing Iceland in Miss Universe 2018, but it turns out the stunning Katrin Lea Elenudottir comes from Russia’s Siberia. The fair-skinned, blue-eyed beauty emigrated at young age but retains a fondness for her roots. The titleholder of ‘Miss Universe 2018 – Iceland’ is due to compete against 94 of the world’s most striking beauties on December 17. But while she’ll be representing Reykjavik in contest for the international crown, she was in fact born in the Siberian city of Omsk. Katrin lived in Siberia until the age of nine when her mother met a man of Icelandic origin and moved to the Nordic country. Both Katrin and her mother gained Icelandic citizenship, but Russia remains near and dear to their hearts as they often return to visit family and friends. The Miss Universe website says that the contestant doesn’t just have the looks, but a passion and kindness to match them. She works as a caretaker in a nursing home for the elderly and volunteers to help teen immigrants with their school work and integration. “I am an immigrant myself, and know from my own experience all the difficulties that newcomer face as they move to another country and… Read full this story
- Khanh Van launches photo collection ahead of Miss Universe 2020
- Miss Universe: A beauty pageant for 'empowered women'?
- 2014 Miss Universe Paulina Vega Considered Plus Size Model After Gaining 2 Pounds
- Former MSNBC Anchor Thomas Roberts Donates $25k from Hosting Trump's Miss Universe
- EXCLUSIVE: 'I wish I'd never set up that Trump Tower meeting!' Russian pop star at center of infamous 'Hillary dirt' offer, tells of relief at end of Mueller probe as he finally gets to perform U.S. tour he canceled fearing he would be indicted
- Miss Global England who felt 'ugly' and was afraid to leave the house because of her acne reveals her perfectly clear skin after taking controversial drug Roaccutane
- Russian Diplomats Dealing With Biathletes Search Incident in Italy - Foreign Ministry
- Vietnam ready to host first-ever Miss Charm event next month
- Student Anahita Rehbein named Miss Germany 2018
- Going to university could help you to live longer as scientists discover every extra step of education adds 1.37 years to your life expectancy
Russians everywhere! Iceland’s Miss Universe has her Siberian roots revealed have 374 words, post on www.rt.com at April 12, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.