Express News Service In India, households barely own financial assets. Equity investing is out of the question for most of them. The National Securities Depository Ltd and Central Depository Services, the two institutions that hold shares electronically, barely have three crore account holders.In a country of 130 crore people, this is barely any number to be proud of. It is well over 50 per cent in the United States. Risk and the fear of loss It takes a bit of convincing of a few months for this ‘once bitten’ investor to get back to equity investing. When that happens and new money is invested again, any losses thereafter means the investor goes into a ‘blackhole’ and never returns.This is a primary reason for not owning equity. Yes, equity investing carries inherent risks. You may end up buying shares when they are expensive and the market is at the top of the valuation cycle. But the root cause of this fear has got nothing to do with equities. It is primarily the lack of understanding of equity markets. The best thing for investor protection is knowledge. How to get over the fear of loss Taking small steps could be the way
- Why historic San Jose Latino district fears losing traditions
- Jets WR Brandon Marshall fears losing Ryan Fitzpatrick to free agency, loves Matt Forte signing
- Take a bite out of your food bill: How to save money on groceries and dining out
- Californians are rich with home equity after market surge. Are you? Here’s how to tell
- Turkey shaken by financial fears, President Trump rattles it further
- Simply Money: Are you 'going broke safely?'
- American Equity retains founder David Noble’s legacy
- Fossil-Fuel Executives Are Making Obscene Amounts of Money for Wrecking the Planet—and Their Own Companies
- Fears of failure rise as Lake Erie consumes Sturgeon Point Marina
- Retirement dream -- more money for travel, less for health care -- tough to achieve
Tame your fear of losing money in equities have 316 words, post on www.newindianexpress.com at April 29, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.