Scuderia Ferrari qualified in second and fourth places this afternoon on the streets of the Principality. Sebastian Vettel was best placed of the two, with a lap in 1’11”039, while Kimi Raikkonen stopped the clocks in 1’11”266. Both drivers used Hypersoft tyres throughout the session. Tomorrow’s Monaco Grand Prix gets underway at 15:10.
Sebastian Vettel was two tenths of a second clear of Lewis Hamilton, but the same margin away from Daniel Ricciardo’s pole lap: “There’s always a feeling that there’s a little bit [to come] but I don’t think there was a threat to Daniel’s time today. Well done to Daniel, he owned the qualifying session. They looked strong on Thursday, they looked strong this morning, we got as close as we could, now we’ll see what we can do for tomorrow. We were playing around with the set-up trying to squeeze everything out because we knew we had to if we wanted to have a front row or pole. We put ourselves in a good position. It was expected that Red Bull would be quick here.” – Seb added.
“They have a strong car, they have more downforce than everybody else. At this track we knew they would be strong. Other tracks, I think we have to look at ourselves. At Barcelona we know we weren’t were we want to be. Canada we think will be different again. But the thing is for us that we have potential in the car. For today no doubt that it was the best man on the day, he deserves the pole no matter whether his package was maybe a little bit better. That’s what it’s about.” – the German driver concluded at the end of the qualifying session.
Sebastian Vettel’s Ferrari teammate Kimi Raikkonen qualified fourth, ahead of the second Mercedes of Valtteri Bottas.
May 26, 2018Scuderia Fans
Let other Scuderia Fans know about us
- 2018 Azerbaijan GP: Sebastian Vettel reaction and impressions after pole in qualifying
- 2018 Azerbaijan GP: Sebastian Vettel reaction and impressions after P4 in Baku
- 2018 Chinese GP: Sebastian Vettel comments after P1 in qualifying
- Sebastian Vettel reaction and impressions after P8 in the 2018 Chinese GP
- 2018 Chinese GP: Kimi Raikkonen comments after P2 in qualifying
- 2018 Azerbaijan GP: Kimi Raikkonen reaction and impressions after P6 in qualifying
- 2018 Azerbaijan GP: Kimi Raikkonen reaction and impressions after P2 in Baku
- Sebastian Vettel, after P4 in Baku: "No regrets on Bottas pass lock-up"
- 2018 Azerbaijan GP third practice: Sebastian Vettel recovers to set the pace
- Sebastian Vettel takes pole position for Bahrain GP ahead of Kimi Raikkonen