I have suffered with anxiety and depression for over seven years. For all of these years, my self-esteem has been at an all-time low. A letter to my parents: Thank you for being my rock through my struggles with OCD and depression It is unbelievably hard to feel positive and good about myself when I spend most of my time plagued with worry that I am not good enough, that I'm doing everything wrong, that I'll never achieve the things I want to. While low self-esteem is not technically categorised as a mental illness, it can certainly appear in the shadow of one. Also, it is known that suffering with low self-esteem can spark mental health conditions such as anxiety and depression. So, when you're suffering with debilitating anxiety, how do you also deal with feelings of worthlessness and low self-esteem? I spoke to two people about the relationship between low self-esteem and anxiety, therapist and personal development coach Sally Brown , and 26-year-old Jade*, who suffers with low self-esteem and has also been diagnosed with anxiety. Sally says that suffering with low self-esteem can impact numerous areas of our lives. 'Low self-esteem can be particularly toxic in relationships. When… Read full this story
- Standing up to trolls and cyberbullying: How to deal with online harassment
- Rest as Reparations
- 5 yoga poses to rid you of depression
- Bake Off winner Candice Brown felt ‘ashamed’ of mental health battle before being diagnosed with ADHD
- I’m a psychotherapist – isolating from school is having a catastrophic impact on kids
- The Activists Working to Remake the Food System
- Hey, man, you wanna watch the Cheech & Chong movies, man?
How to deal with low self-esteem when you suffer with anxiety have 275 words, post on metro.co.uk at May 27, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.