NEW YORK — Khris Davis, Matt Chapman, Jed Lowrie and Matt Joyce all homered and the Oakland Athletics beat the Yankees 10-5 Friday night, leaving New York with back-to-back losses for the first time in more than a month. The A’s had lost three in a row before roughing up Sonny Gray, their former ace. Oakland has won five straight overall against the Yankees.Marcus Semien drove in four runs for the A’s, three on a double in the ninth inning. Davis led off the second inning with his 10th home run, driving a fastball into the right-field bleachers. After Matt Olson singled, Chapman hit an 0-2 pitch 429 feet into the loading dock in center for a 3-0 lead. Gray (2-3) was acquired from Oakland just before last year’s trade deadline for outfielder Dustin Fowler and two minor leaguers. Drafted 18th overall in 2011, Gray was 44-36 with a 3.42 ERA over parts of five seasons with the A’s. Making his first start in the majors, Fowler lined a single to right in his second at-bat, notching his first big league hit against the player he was traded for. Once a rising star in the Yankees’ system, Fowler suffered a… Read full this story
- Yankees pitcher Domingo German suspended for domestic violence
- American Athletic Conference Preview: Welcome, Wichita State!
- Tomorrow’s athletes get English training
- New York Yankees top prospect list 2020: Deivi Garcia and Jasson Dominguez lead group
- The Sports Report: Bellinger, Ryu, Trout are finalists for major awards
- The numbers game: How analytics have thrown a curveball at the MLB playoffs
- Five rising A’s pitching prospects: Another Jesus Luzardo or A.J. Puk on the horizon?
- Just wait ’til next year: 8 non-champion cinematic underdogs
- Cole, Rendon among 131 free agents on market
- Final comeback as Nationals win World Series title
Major league roundup: Athletics pummel Gray, Yankees have 295 words, post on www.pressherald.com at May 11, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.