After 10 deaths due to the deadly Nipah Virus in northern Kerala, the state government on Wednesday issued an advisory asking travellers to avoid visiting the four districts of Kozhikode, Malappuram, Waynad and Kannur. “Travelling to any part of Kerala is safe. However, if travellers wish to be extra cautious, they may avoid the four districts”, Health Secretary Rajeev Sadanandan said. The government has also called for an all-party meeting at Kozhikode on May 25 to disucss the issue. MPs, MLAs, other representatives of people and leaders of various political parties would attend the meeting, Health minister K K Shylaja today said. Ten people have lost their lives to Nipah in Kozhikode and Malappuram districts so far and 19 are undergoing treatment in various hospitals, including one in Waynad. Of the 13 confirmed cases, 10 persons have died. Isolation wards have also been set up in Thalassery government hospital in Kannur, according to media reports. In Kozhikode, from where seven deaths have been reported, District Collector U V Jose has ordered temporary stoppage of all training programmes and summer camps in affected areas such as Changaroth, Koorachund, Kottur, Cheruvannur, Chekyad, Chakkittapara and Olavanna. The anganwadis is these regions too have been asked… Read full this story
- Latin American countries urged to boost vaccinations amid Venezuelan measles outbreak
- Death toll following deadly India floods rises to 357
- PG&E apprentice lineman killed in Carr Fire; seventh wildfire death
- Measles outbreaks in England and Greece put travelers at risk
- Fatal crash pins driver under his vintage school bus on remote Northern California highway
- Indian Air Force airlifts people affected by Kerala floods
- 5th District DFL primary features experience, symbolism
- Donald Trump Made Republicans the Family Separations Party—Does it Spell Political Death in 2018 Midterms?
- Smoke risk: 10 questions answered
- Huntsville police officer indicted on murder charge
Nipah Virus Outbreak: After 10 deaths, Kerala govt issues advisory against travelling to 4 Northern districts have 292 words, post on www.indiatvnews.com at May 23, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.