Pope Francis received his very own Lamborghini Huracan last year as a gift. The supercar was the rear-wheel-drive version of the Huracan and came heavily modified by Ad Personam, Lamborghini’s customization branch. They customized his car with a Bianco Monocerus (white) finish that’s split up by Giallo Tiberino (yellow) stripes, meant to pay homage to the flag of Vatican City.
Related Cars For Sale
RM Sotheby’s recently had this very Lamborghini roll across their stage at their Monaco auction. Before the event, it was said to have an estimated auction price of 250,000-350,000 Euro (est. $299,000-$419,490 USD). However, the event has passed and the Pope’s Lamborghini has smashed expectations. According to RM Sotheby’s, this very Huracan sold for 809,375 Euro (est. $970,072 USD).
All proceeds from this sales will be delivered to the Holy Father himself, who will then donate the funds accordingly, as stated by RM Sotheby’s: “70% to the city of Nineveh, Iraq (a city heavily attacked and besieged by ISIS), 10% to ‘Amici per il Centrafrica Onlus’, 10% to Groupe International Chirurgiens Amis de la Main (GICAM) and 10% to the Pope John XXIII Community Association.”
- The 2015 ‘Philharmonic House of Design’ in Shady Canyon – with a special driveway for Lamborghinis – sells for nearly $10 million
- Loss, love and life at Colorado Springs' oldest auction house
- Rare Lamborghini turns heads at Pebble Beach’s Tour d’Elegance
- State sells 2017 Bentley for $136K
- Jeff Koons ‘Rabbit’ Smashes Record for Work by a Living Artist
- The Sisters' Stuff: Items in Burlington Convent Auctioned Off
- Univision heads for auction with few suitors
- Ford GT, Corvettes lead auction lineup
- Four-day Auburn Spring auction begins Wednesday
- Carmelita Pope, actress, Brando friend, was in many TV commercials, dead at 94