Email 7.30 By Annabel Crabb Updated May 17, 2018 20:32:46 Photo: Prince Harry and his bride-to-be Meghan Markle. (Reuters: Andrew Milligan) Related Story: Six reasons Meghan Markle divides people — even Americans Related Story: Who is father-of-the-Royal-bride Thomas Markle? Related Story: Palace calls for ‘respect’ amid reports Meghan Markle’s dad won’t attend wedding Related Story: What time is the Royal wedding and how can I watch? Map: United Kingdom This weekend’s wedding is something of a PR coup for the British royal family, in that it introduces a welcome African American note into a previously whiter-than-white bloodline and nudges the Royal household toward a closer resemblance of the diverse country over which it rules.But it could not come at a more turbulent time for British race relations.As the town of Windsor undergoes its obligatory pre-nuptial primping and the nation opens its arms to an American woman of colour, British politics is grappling with an ugly immigration scandal that has seen black Britons deported, raising claims that Britishness is still, at heart, a pretty pale affair.Home Secretary Sajid Javid this week confirmed that 63 members of the “Windrush Generation” — a flood of Afro-Caribbean migrants who arrived by ship from Commonwealth… Read full this story
- Royal baby: Prince Harry, Meghan Markle expecting child in spring
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle pregnant: William, Kate, Twitter react
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle expecting first child in spring
- Our obsession with Prince Harry, Meghan Markle and other royal figures
- Royal Baby: Where Will Meghan Markle’s First Child Stand in Line to the Throne?
- Royal Baby: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Announce They are Expecting a Baby in Spring 2019
- Prince Harry Reveals What Nearly 'Ruined' His Wedding Gesture To Meghan Markle
- Prince Harry, Meghan expecting their 1st child
- Prince Harry, Meghan expecting a child in spring
- Prince Harry Discusses The Moment His Dad Saved The Royal Wedding
Royal wedding: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's nuptials 'a big statement' in a time of turbulent race relations have 303 words, post on www.abc.net.au at May 17, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.