WASHINGTON – Sen. Marco Rubio on Monday criticized President Donald Trump’s abrupt about-face on Chinese telecom company ZTE, suggesting the president misunderstands the issue.”I hope this isn’t the beginning of backing down to China,” Rubio said on Twitter.Rubio, who has been sharply critical of China, said the issue “isn’t jobs & trade, it’s national security & espionage. Any telecomm firm in #China can be forced to act as tool of Chinese espionage without any court order or any other review process. We are crazy to allow them to operate in U.S. without tighter restrictions.”ZTE stopped its operations recently after the U.S. cut off access to American suppliers. But over the weekend, Trump tweeted that he wanted to help ZTE “get back into business, fast.””Too many jobs in China lost,” Trump said.
- Rubio says Trump's call for China to probe Biden is 'inappropriate' but not a 'real proposal'
- Chinese Companies Under Pressure As Key Funding Source Dries Up
- McConnell among Republicans criticizing Trump's Syria decision
- Republican Sen. Rob Portman criticizes Trump for asking Ukraine and China to investigate Biden
- Turkey criticizes Trump on Khashoggi, 'money not everything'
- Trump hits Chinese chipmaker with export ban, still expects ‘great deal’ with Beijing
- Trump's latest blacklist of Chinese companies hits several huge companies — here's what they do
- Trump blacklists Chinese firms over human rights issues
- Adam Silver Offers Defense of Daryl Morey as Chinese Companies Cut N.B.A. Ties
- NBA commissioner Adam Silver defends Daryl Morey as Chinese companies cut ties
Rubio criticizes Trump’s about-face on Chinese company ZTE have 260 words, post on www.tbo.com at May 14, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.