Domestic market-leader Maruti Suzuki and automotive giant Toyota joined hands last year. Toyota and Maruti decided to offer rebadged engineered vehicles in the Indian market that will help both the brands to enter newer segments quickly. While Toyota will sell rebadged Maruti Baleno and Vitara Brezza in the Indian market, Maruti Suzuki will enter the D-Segment sedan with the rebadged Toyota Corolla Altis. A new development has revealed that Maruti Suzuki will utilise the Toyota production facility to produce cars. With Maruti’s plants running at full capacity, Toyota’s underutilised plants will ease the pressure. Only around 30% of Toyota’s plant in Karnataka is utilised to produce cars. The rest of the capacity can be used to produce Maruti cars that will be sold through the sales channels of both the manufacturers in India. Currently, Toyota’s production line is used for manufacturing Etios, Liva, Yaris, Corolla Altis and Camry Hybrid. Image courtesy IAB The plant has an annual production capacity of manufacturing 2.1 lakh cars. This will bring down the waiting period on Suzuki vehicles considerably and will also help Toyota enter the sub 4-meter compact SUV segment and premium hatchback segment. Speaking about the development, Toyota President Akio Toyoda said, Suzuki… Read full this story
- Drift Car - I Want A Car Like In "Fast And Furious: Tokyo Drift"
- Senior Citizens Choose Toyota Avalon As Top Car
- Volkswagen To Produce New Compact Car
- Lower Your Car Insurance Premiums
- Womens Car Insurance - Aspects of a Complex New Market
- Getting Car Insurance In The Philippines
- How Are Car Insurance Rates Determined?
- Your First Car In USA
- Toyota's Winning Trio in Canadian Car of the Year Awards
- Why Keeping Your Factory Installed Radio Might Be A Better Option
Toyota to produce Maruti Suzuki cars like Baleno, Brezza in its Bidadi factory have 293 words, post on www.cartoq.com at May 27, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.