This week President Trump faces a deadline to make a decision about pulling out of the Iran nuclear deal. British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson, who supports the deal, will be in Washington for two days of talks with administration officials, and he’s expected to discuss Iran during his visit. Late last month, French President Emmanuel Macron urged the U.S. to not abandon the deal in talks with Mr. Trump and in a joint address to Congress. The following is a transcript of the interview with Sir Kim Darroch, British ambassador to the U.S., that aired Sunday, May 6, 2018, on “Face the Nation.” MARGARET BRENNAN: We’re joined now by the British ambassador to the U.S., Kim Darroch. Welcome to FACE THE NATION. AMBASSADOR KIM DARROCH: Thank you very much for inviting me. BRENNAN: Mr. Ambassador. Your prime minister spoke with President Trump yesterday. Can you tell us if there was a decision made on the nuclear deal with Iran? DARROCH: Well, I don’t have a full account of the discussion. They talked mostly about North Korea. The Prime Minister congratulating the president on the progress that has been made. And asking about this forthcoming summit. They touched on… Read full this story
- From Sir Kim Darroch to a third runway at Heathrow: What the Tory leadership candidates said in the ITV debate
- Sir Kim Darroch profile: 'cunning, capable' diplomat at heart of row over leaked US cable
- Tory leadership latest news: Jeremy Hunt tells Donald Trump to treat the UK with respect as he says Sir Kim Darroch stays if he becomes PM
- Debate: Should Kim Darroch be dismissed from his post as US ambassador?
- Boris Johnson v Jeremy Hunt ITV debate: Tory leadership candidates on the attack over Brexit and Kim Darroch leak
- Transcript: Neel Kashkari on "Face the Nation," April 12, 2020
- Bid to take out Boris FAILS: Tory minister Sir Alan Duncan quits to push for vote TOMORROW on whether Johnson has the right to become PM - but is BLOCKED by the Speaker
- Transcript: Scott Gottlieb discusses coronavirus on "Face the Nation," April 12, 2020
- Transcript: Governor Phil Murphy discusses coronavirus on "Face the Nation," April 12, 2020
- Transcript: Mayor Lori Lightfoot discusses coronavirus on "Face the Nation," April 12, 2020
Transcript: Sir Kim Darroch on "Face the Nation," May 6, 2018 have 366 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at May 6, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.