There are a lot of ways to do the same thing, just as there are a variety of ways to get to the same place. Which is why it’s always fun for me to give a go at another recipe, maybe one that I’m (very) familiar with – like chocolate ice cream – but made in an unfamiliar way. Bravetart by Stella Parks, a book dedicated not to just iconic American desserts, including cakes, cookies and candies, I was consumed by all the information on its pages. I read it like a book, absorbing the information, some of it new to me, and much of it debunking commonly held beliefs about cooking and baking. For those whole like recipes to be very precise with detailed explanations, including specific brands which should be used, and why, Bravetart is the book for you. Yes, kosher salts can differ (according to Stella, brands that contain sodium ferrocyanide can interfere with crystallization when making candy) and some are saltier than others. Cocoa powders behave differently based on brand and fat content. And she is extremely opinionated on the subject of flour (backed up by years of testing), concluding that if you want to have… Read full this story
- Ferrero Rocher ice creams sticks are coming to the UK this summer and shoppers can't wait
- National Soft Ice Cream Day In US: Yummy Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe For Kids!
- Get a taste of the new KitKat Gold Ice Cream
- Italians, Chinese, Arabs - who actually invented ice cream?
- McDonald’s fans rave over ice cream coffee menu hack & it looks perfect for the hotter days ahead
- Best eats this week: Keto-friendly curry, Haaagen-Dazs' ice cream cocktails, and more
- They Hacked McDonald’s Ice Cream Machines—and Started a Cold War
- Ex McDonald’s worker reveals reason ice-cream machine is often broken – and it’s not what you think
- I Eat La.: Dolly Parton's ice cream is sold out, but you can still enjoy Strawberry Pretzel Pie
- Around the Corner: Desert Dream Ice Cream brings East Coast flavors to Fourth Avenue
Devil's Food Chocolate Ice Cream have 338 words, post on www.davidlebovitz.com at June 11, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.