HOSPITAL OFFERS BIOPSY OPTION: Oak Hill Hospital now offers a new MRI solution for targeted biopsy of the prostate. Through its recent adoption of the Artemis fusion biopsy system, the hospital offers an improved biopsy option for many patients with elevated and/or rising PSA levels. For information, call (352) 597-6317 or visit OakHillHospital.com.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have four ribbon-cuttings during the coming week:
• Talk Time Store MetroPCS, 11202 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill, noon July 11. Call Justin Ritter, (727) 478-2867.
• Hernando County Republican Executive Committee, 13163 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill, 6 p.m. July 12. Call John Murphy, (352) 796-4741.
MARKETING COMMITTEE TO MEET: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce’s Marketing Committee will meet at 8:30 a.m. July 11 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. The committee, which focuses on branding, will work to create new chamber-specific goals for the membership. For information about joining the committee, call Lindsay Cacciatore at (352) 796-0697.
DIPLOMAT COMMITTEE TO MEET: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce’s Diplomat Committee will meet at 4 p.m. July 12 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. Diplomats support and promote the chamber and its membership. For information, call (352) 796-0697.
NETWORKING COMMITTEE TO MEET: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce Networking Committee will meet at 8:30 a.m. July 12 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. Committee members meet to collaborate on ideas, and decide which ideas to implement. For information, call (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandochamber.com.
Save the date
HERNANDO UNTAPPED: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will present the 2018 Hernando Untapped craft beer and wine festival from 6 to 10 p.m. Oct. 5 at American Aviation, 17076 Helicopter Drive, south of Brooksville.
The event includes live entertainment by the Bearded Brothers Band, breweries, wineries, food trucks, vendors and other activities.
Tickets go on sale in June. Tickets are $60 for VIP admission, $35 general and $10 designated driver. For tickets and information, visit hernandochamber.com.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• Branding and Credibility through Digital Marketing, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. July 10, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• How to Start a New Business Successfully, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., July 16, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• Basic QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. July 18, South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• Results Based Marketing for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. July 24, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 1 to 3 p.m. July 31, SMARTstart Dade City Entrepreneur Center, 37837 Meridian Ave., Suite 309, Dade City.
To register or to get more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. July 6, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317.
• Connect B2B (Business to Business) Networking: 7 a.m. July 9, Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. Free for chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• Connect B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. July 9, Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Free for Chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. July 10, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776.
• HealthCare Monthly Networking Connection: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., July 10, the Grande – Meridian Senior Living, 725 DeSoto Ave., Brooksville. The event is sponsored by Meridian Senior Living – Forest Oaks. The speaker will be Mike Irvin, Bayfront Health Spring Hill CEO. $15 for pre–registered members, $20 guests at the door. To register, visit hernandochamber.com.
• Keep It Local-Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. July 11, Great Life Church, 14494 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749.
• Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef?‘O’?Brady’s, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435.
• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. July 12, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first-time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 3131 13th Ave. North, FL 33713. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Call (352) 848-1438.
- July-September biz optimism index rises 12% since last year: Report
- UK court to hear Mallya's extradition plea on July 2
- Ryanair pilots announce two further strikes for July
- July’s CPI decreases by 0.09% from previous month
- World Bank Ease of Doing Business Ranking: Our strategy’s working — Buhari
- Water firms in Vietnam draw investors thanks to good business results
- Brexit endgame? How UK business views the state of the economy
- EVN’s losses attributed to its ineffective non-core business
- Double whammy for HNIs: After tax hit, PMSes let them down in July
- Shrimp exports recover in July