London is well-known for being an enormous and bustling metropolis, with a litany of sites to enjoy from its towering skyscrapers and imposing museums to its royal palaces. But tucked away in some of the most exclusive parts of the capital are tiny green oases offering, to those who can afford it, the privilege of some peace and quiet right in the heart of the city. Garden squares are among London’s last bastions of tranquility, surrounded by long terraces of Georgian townhouses and decoratives railings that refuse entry to all those apart from nearby residents. It is this unbridled access, and glorious views, which makes the homes surrounding these private parks so expensive, with a one-bedroom flat overlooking such a square likely to cost close to £1million. Buying agency Black Brick has calculated that premiums for homes with access to such spaces range from 20 per cent to more than 40 per cent. Hamptons International, along with property website Zoopla, has now revealed the top ten most expensive garden squares in London. 1. Carlton House Terrace Gardens, Westminster - £8.79million Top of the pile is Carlton House Terrace Gardens in Westminster, an exclusive road just a stone’s throw away from Buckingham Palace…. Read full this story
- Pictured: The eye-wateringly expensive London homes waiting to be snapped up by the global super-rich including a £55m townhouse beside Buckingham Palace and ex-Lib Dems' HQ for £30m
- Super-tall, super-skinny, super-expensive: the 'pencil towers' of New York's super-rich
- The London skyline debate – Q&A with Rowan Moore
- In praise of dirty, sexy cities: the urban world according to Walter Benjamin
- Guardian Cities 2019: a look back at the 10 most-read stories of the year
- 'The building creaks and sways': life in a skyscraper
- Tijuana: life on the political equator
- Fast cars, exotic holidays and a 24 karat gold iPhone: Meet Britain's RICHEST YouTubers and how they flaunt their jet-setting high-life on screen
- 'I'm rich and I'm living well. Shopping here is part of that'
- Home from home
Revealed: London's top ten most expensive garden squares where Britain's super-rich take a breather from bustling city life... just a stone's throw from their multi-million pound homes have 320 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at June 23, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.