Disappointing season of your favorite prestige drama got you down? Let down by the big sitcom revival that promised to open up a dialogue, but just wound up taking potshots at easy (and vulnerable) targets while setting up a runway for Tim Allen’s Last Man Standing over at Old Man Murdoch’s place? A thousand Netflix originals (and nothin’ on)? Take heart: When The A.V. Club surveyed all the shows, miniseries, specials, and movies that have aired since January 1, 2018, we still came away with a hefty list of returning favorites, stellar debuts, and a few picks that managed to sneak up on us. Returning series The Americans (FX) Final episodes of long-running shows are fiendishly difficult to pull off, let alone final seasons, and a list of subpar TV conclusions would be long and exhausting, much like those shows’ finales. The Americans, by contrast, gave us a finale for the ages, and the last look at the Jennings family in all its flawed fragility made for a season as good as any in its six-season run. From the premiere, in which Philip (Matthew Rhys) is asked to spy on his wife—while Elizabeth (Keri Russell), in turn, is told to… Read full this story
- 9 best TV aerials to buy in 2022
- Sandra Bullock and Channing Tatum's daughters became 'best friends' during film shoot for The Lost City: 'Full months of sleepovers!'
- 'Glitter & Gossip': Besties taking talk show to TV
- The best comedies on Netflix right now (April 2022) | Digital Trends
- The best movies to stream for Women's History Month | Digital Trends
- 'A complete misfire': Fans were not happy when our TV critic trashed this new show
- How "Halo" Paramount TV show compares to other video game adaptations
- 8K TV Explained, and Why You Definitely Don't Need to Buy One
- Apple TV Plus, HBO Max, Disney Big Winners As Oscars Embrace Streaming Movies Not From Netflix
- What it took for Apple to win Best Picture at the Oscars with 'CODA'
The best TV of 2018 so far have 323 words, post on tv.avclub.com at June 29, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.