Auto-only hot hatch here in October from $45,490 with extra power and more kit. Volkswagen Australia has released pricing and specifications for the upgraded 2019 Golf GTI, which will kick off from $45,490 plus on-road costs when it lands in October.As revealed in May, the 2019 model-year Golf GTI comes with the Performance specification as standard, meaning the 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine now makes 180kW of power (up from 169kW) and 370Nm of torque (up from 350Nm), mated exclusively to a seven-speed wet-clutch DSG transmission shared with the all-wheel drive Golf R.That’s right, there’s no manual option – your tears have dried by now, right?Other upgrades include an electro-mechanical front differential lock, and a beefier brake package previously reserved for the Performance Edition 1 and R.In addition to the aforementioned enhancements over the outgoing 169kW model, the MY19 Golf GTI picks up the 12.3-inch Active Info Display as standard equipment, along with the Driver Assistance Package – meaning adaptive cruise control with traffic jam assist, park assist, lane assist and adaptive lane guidance are all included in the base price.Carryover specification includes autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian detection, 18-inch alloy wheels, adaptive chassis control, an 8.0-inch navigation system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto,… Read full this story
- Volkswagen Golf GTI Performance one-off previewed ahead of Worthersee debut
- Volkswagen Golf GTI Cabrio Austria concept unveiled at Wörthersee
- Volkswagen Golf GTI Clubsport concept officially revealed
- VW Apprentices Tease Special Golf GTI For Worthersee
- 2020 VW Golf GTI to go hybrid?
- Apprentice-built VW Golf GTI Heartbeat has 400 hp
- Volkswagen Up! GTI review: Forget Ferrari and Lamborghini – this is the most fun you can have in a car for just £139 a month
- VW Golf GTI Killed By WLTP In Europe; GTI Performance Soldiers On
- Golf GTI Wolfsburg Edition gets 380 PS from Volkswagen’s apprentices for Worthersee
- Volkswagen Golf GTE Sport concept debuts at Worthersee with carbon body and 400 PS hybrid setup
2019 Volkswagen Golf GTI pricing and specs have 323 words, post on www.caradvice.com.au at July 31, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.