The reigning Super Bowl champions are a team to watch in terms of missing the playoffs next year, and the Bills won’t make it by Will Brinson @WillBrinson 3m ago • 15 min read The NFL features far more parity than any other professional sports league. There will be roughly five new playoffs teams in the NFL, all with a shot at the Lombardi Trophy, whereas the NBA features maybe five teams total who can win the championship. Last year was a perfect example, too. After seeing an average of five new teams in the postseason over the past three years, a whopping eight new teams jumped up and made the playoffs last season. The Bills, Jaguars, Titans, Eagles, Vikings, Saints, Panthers and Rams were all on the outside looking in after the 2016 season, but all had fairly viable championship hopes just a year later. Three of those four teams made conference championship games and Philly took home the title.Conversely, the Dolphins, Texans, Raiders, Cowboys, Giants, Packers, Lions and Seahawks all tumbled out of the postseason. Three of those 2016 playoff teams fired their coach a season later. Assuming anyone will make or miss the playoffs is a fool’s errand –… Read full this story
- The Sports Misery Index: How NFL teams rate
- Week 5 NFL Power Rankings: 1-32 poll, plus how to improve playoff chances
- Week 5 NFL Power Rankings - 1-32 poll, plus how to improve playoff chances - ESPN
- David Carr: Vikes WRs have right to be frustrated - NFL.com
- Aaron Rodgers among fantasy football playoffs' biggest disappointments
- Sports misery index: Most miserable fan bases in pro sports
- Top 10 storylines for NFL locals in the 2018 season
- FMIA Week 4: Re-Organizing the NFL Power Rankings After an Odd Sunday - NBCSports.com
- Glover Quin returns to Detroit Lions: If I had to retire, 'I would have'
Bills and Eagles lead list of five teams who could take step back, miss NFL playoffs have 297 words, post on www.cbssports.com at July 10, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.