There was a time when Laura Whitmore didn’t feel confident enough to leave the house without wearing make-up. But age brings with it a huge dollop of “who gives a toss?”, and she’s found that as she’s got older, she cares much less about what other people think. Shoes, £23.20, Topshop – buy now Necklace, £115, Laura Whitmore for Daisy Jewellery – buy now Necklace, £99, Sif Jakobs – buy now “I probably wore a lot more make-up when I was younger and it was an insecurity thing. But at some stage you go: ‘Do you know what? F**k it.’ There are so many other millions of things to worry about. “Beauty shouldn’t be about hiding yourself – it’s about expression, and I think we all need to learn that we’re highlighting and accentuating what we already have.” This assertiveness has extended to other areas of Laura’s life, too. After years of flipping between challenging and ignoring social media trolls, she’s discovered a new way of tackling them. “I was doing a podcast with the comedian Roisin Conaty and we were talking about Twitter and how you deal with negativity. I said I just ignored it, and Roisin was like:… Read full this story
- ‘AB de Villers understands him, Virat showed confidence’: The making of KL Rahul 2.0 explained
- Love Island Aftersun: Connor admits it was hard watching Sophie couple up with Mike as the loved-up pair reveal they're set to go on their first date during sweet reunion
- Mick Jagger seduced me when I was 15: Actress Rae Dawn reveals how she spent night with Rolling Stone when she was underage and he was married to Bianca
- Kerry Katona's daughter reveals she will apply for Love Island
- Love Island's Luke Mabbott: 5 things you need to know about the loveable Justin Bieber lookalike
- Love Island: Callum says he wants to take newbie Molly's 'clothes off' while admitting he's not sexually attracted to Shaughna... as his partner reveals they 'DID BITS' before Casa Amor
- Meet The Unsung Heroes of the #MeToo Movement: 'It's Powerful to Be Honored'
- #MeToo: Farhan Akhtar felt guilty for not knowing what Sajid Khan was up to, says apologising is a big step
- EXCLUSIVE: The real-life Argo - and its heart-breaking ending: P.I. reveals daring mission to rescue kidnapped children from Yemen and tragedy which followed as he FINALLY meets the stolen American boy - who is now an Army hero
- Bong Joon-ho's historic Oscar debut; Brad and Laura join list of acting Academy winners, and Phoenix rises
Laura Whitmore reveals how age has given her confidence to not always need make-up and speak out about her #MeToo experiences have 414 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at July 14, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.