At the meeting – Photo: VGP As the congestion of imported scrap materials at seaports is currently a great public concern, PM Phuc asked relevant ministries and sector to prevent the massive imports of scrap, which have silently been turning Vietnam into the world's industrial landfill and causing harm to both the life of people and the environment. The PM ordered concerned agencies to investigate and deal with stagnant unclaimed scrap containers which are occupying large spaces at Vietnamese ports. The Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MoNRE) was requested to clarify the impacts of each kind of scrap so as to construct a list of qualified scarp for import into Vietnam. Meanwhile, the Ministry of Transport must join hands with the Ministry of Finance and other ministries and localities to destroy or remove scrap containers. PM Phuc stressed that it is pertinent to review all valid permits for shipments of scrap materials, and that there will be no more new licences approved for scrap importers. A close scrutiny of scrap re-exports will be carried out by the Ministry of Industry and Trade. The latest report from the General Department of Customs shows that in the first five months of… Read full this story
- Deputy PM inspects COVID-19 prevention and control in Dong Nai
- Sweden to Scrap All COVID Measures, Did The Freedom Approach Work?
- PM requires preventing corruption, vested interests in medical supplies purchase for COVID-19 fight
- PM requests Kien Giang, Tien Giang to stick to COVID-19 prevention directions
- PM highlights need for safe adaptation to pandemic, containment solutions
- Jeremy Corbyn accused of jeopardising plan to unseat Boris Johnson with caretaker PM bid
- Deputy PM directs to adopt solutions for success of new school year
- Kiên Giang, Tiền Giang provinces asked to improve COVID-19 prevention and control as cases surge
- Shikshak Parv: PM Narendra Modi launches initiatives in education sector
- Zero Covid endgame highly unlikely: PM
PM orders stricter measures to prevent massive scrap imports have 312 words, post on ven.vn at July 26, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.