Trying to figure out where to take your next vacation? If you’re a fan of German cars (and haven’t already been), Autostadt should be on your shortlist. And not least of all for the off-road course. More of a theme park than a museum, Autostadt is the Volkswagen Group’s sprawling show site adjacent to the factory in Wolfsburg. It features pavilions for each of the brands under the group’s expansive umbrella, allowing visitors of all ages to get up close and personal with the automaker’s various products and how they’re made. There’s also a pair of 20-floor glass towers, each housing 400 cars with giant elevators moving them around. There are restaurants, shops, movie theaters, and a variety of rotating exhibits and various festivals throughout the year. There’s even a Ritz-Carlton hotel on site. But we’d be tempted just to visit for the All-Terrain Track. The installation simulates a variety of surfaces on which visitors can actually drive several of the group’s SUVs. There’s a hill with a 60-percent incline to climb, a rope bridge to cross, a riverbed to ford, a giant concrete pipe to drive through… even stairs and a giant seesaw. All of which looks like a… Read full this story
- Mum, 32, is ‘Britain’s loneliest woman’ and visits supermarkets just to talk to strangers after making no friends in 10 YEARS
- Surrey and Notts to visit North Marine Road in 2019
- Running to the Wedding. Any Wedding.
- The magical Devon venue that will make your fairytale wedding a reality
- How to plan a wedding in a month
- Dying mum walks down aisle as she marries husband in 'fairy tale' wedding'
- Give back my wedding and engagement rings, Derry widow pleads to burglars
- Watch: How Ryan Tubridy's brother prevented an All Blacks try against Ireland at Lansdowne Road in 1989
- 30% of Brits have visited a spot just to take a picture for Instagram
- Thousands of drivers still on the road despite poor eyesight, opticians warn – do you meet the legal standard?
We'd Be Tempted To Visit Autostadt Just For The Off-Road Course have 347 words, post on www.carscoops.com at July 15, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.