Wendell Carter Jr. was supposed to be the “safe” big man in the 2018 NBA Draft, a label some conflated with having limited upside. Carter didn’t have the athleticism of Deandre Ayton or Marvin Bagley III, the shooting or shot blocking of Jaren Jackson Jr., or the length of Mohamed Bamba. Of the five big men taken in the first seven picks of the draft, Carter was the last one to go at No. 7 to the Chicago Bulls. Everyone knew Carter would be solid. But could he be special? Through four games at Las Vegas Summer League, he has been. Carter is thoroughly dominating thus far, showcasing a well-rounded game while answering his biggest pre-draft questions. For the second straight year, the Bulls look like they’ve found a cornerstone player in the front court through the draft. Carter does so many things well Carter can protect the rim. He announced that emphatically by blocking five shots in his first summer league game, highlighted by this absolute stonewalling of Cavs big man Ante Zizic. The first play in that video is almost as impressive. Carter is so good at knowing when to help and rotate for the weakside block attempt…. Read full this story
- The Short Term Outlook is Not Great for Bojan Bogdanovic, Andrew Wiggins and Wendell Carter Jr.
- Before March Madness: Wendell Carter Jr.
- 'He's looking like his daddy!' MAFS star Cyrell Paule and Love Island's Eden Dally bond over their baby as they reveal their 30-week scan
- Rechon Black leaving Montverde Academy to join All-American Wendell Moore Jr. at Cox Mill
- Michael Porter Jr.’s status for Summer League, next season unclear
- Denver’s Michael Porter Jr. medically cleared, hopes to play in Summer League
- Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans and More Marvel Stars Honor Stan Lee
- Report: Nuggets rookie Michael Porter Jr. likely to miss summer league with knee sprain
- Major League Baseball stars will be allowed to use marijuana after pitcher Tyler Skagg’s death sparks drugs review
- Kareena Kapoor’s easy to copy jeans style will look good on everyone
Wendell Carter Jr. looks so good in Summer League. The Bulls may have a star. have 352 words, post on www.sbnation.com at July 12, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.