President Donald Trump is poised to nominate another justice to the United States Supreme Court in the coming weeks.Just how bad that appointment could be for abortion rights advocates is unclear. But on the 2016 campaign trail, then-candidate Trump promised to nominate “pro-life” justices to the Supreme Court in order to overturn the landmark 1973 abortion rights case, Roe v. Wade, which legalized abortion in all fifty states.Here are five questions you need answered about a possible post-Roe v. Wade Florida.1. How close has Florida come to banning abortion?For a state with a legislature that’s been dominated by Republicans for two decades, Florida has not come close to banning abortion. Unlike a state like Texas, which routinely passes restrictive abortion laws, it’s relatively easy to get an abortion in Florida.”There’s lots of signaling devices that legislatures have that basically say, ‘We’re going to comply with the law and do as much as we can to limit abortion,'” said Mary Ziegler, a professor at Florida State University College of Law. “Florida has never gone that route.”However, in recent sessions, lawmakers have passed controversial abortion regulations — some of which have drawn legal challenges. A 2015 bill that mandated a 24-hour waiting… Read full this story
- What will the "new normal" look like? Do I still have to wear a mask? Doctor answers your coronavirus questions
- Giant asteroid flying by Earth next week looks like it's wearing a face mask
- Karan Johar Proudly Flaunts His Grey Hair; Varun Dhawan Tells Him 'You Look Like A Bond Villain'
- Here's what the stimulus checks with Trump's name may look like
- No. 13 Florida looks to avenge stunner at Mizzou in ’17
- Ariana Grande looks like a vision in white while out after tearfully accepting Billboard Woman Of The Year award
- Dr Kathleen Matthews answers your questions about dental health
- They won the fight against coronavirus. Here's what life looks like on the other side
- This is what the world looks like: Stunning photos of an African midwife who moonlights as a rubbish picker, Rohingya refugees and the Milky Way over Stonehenge all feature in new competition
- This is what 54 looks like: Stylist says home spa treatments and wearing high heels keeps her youthful
What would a post-Roe v. Wade Florida look like? We answer 5 burning questions. have 377 words, post on www.tbo.com at July 9, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.