Donald Trump is pissed off at two Miami Dolphins receivers who continued the “take a knee” demonstration into the 2018 NFL season … and now he’s calling for them to be suspended.
Both Kenny Stills and Albert Wilson took a knee during the national anthem of the Miami Dolphins pre-season opener versus the Tampa Bay Bucs on Thursday. Other players raised their fists.
Enter Trump … who tweeted first thing Friday morning — calling for swift action against the players.
“The NFL players are at it again – taking a knee when they should be standing proudly for the National Anthem,” Trump said.
“Numerous players, from different teams, wanted to show their ‘outrage’ at something that most of them are unable to define.”
“They make a fortune doing what they love. Be happy, be cool! A football game, that fans are paying soooo much money to watch and enjoy, is no place to protest.”
“Most of that money goes to the players anyway. Find another way to protest. Stand proudly for your National Anthem or be Suspended Without Pay!”
On the other hand, the players were praised by Colin Kaepernick — who started the demonstration. He offered the following message to the players — “Stay strong brothers.”
- Donald Trump’s application for new golf course approved
- Donald Trump's bid to keep tax records from House fails
- Donald Trump says Kevin McAleenan is out at Homeland Security
- What did BBC presenter Naga Munchetty say about Donald Trump?
- Robert De Niro: Donald Trump won't get away with it forever
- Rudy Giuliani's arrested associate met Donald Trump BEFORE he even began his campaign, new photograph shows - and was at invite-only election night celebration
- Why try to impeach Donald Trump?
- Ted Cruz breaks ranks with Donald Trump saying president's call for China to investigate the Bidens was 'NOT' appropriate and says he'd like Rudy Giuliani to testify
- Donald Trump Jr. condemns 'disgusting and graphic violence' in spoof mass-shooting video played to supporters at conference where he spoke – but insists he hasn't watched the mashup meme
- Donald Trump 'strongly condemns this video' says press secretary after graphic spoof mass shooting video of him massacring 'the fake news,' Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama is shown to supporters at his resort