The birthplace of Silicon Valley was Hewlett Packard’s garage, which paved the way for other “garages” to follow: Apple in 1976, Google in 1998, and Box in 2005. But among these, Google, with its 160 offices in 60 countries, 85,000 Googlers, and $110 billion revenue, still makes every effort to retain its “garage mindset,” for the garage is the perfect place to “build and break things until they work,” something which aligns with fail fast and iterate, an axiom that defines Google’s spirit. With its 24% year on year growth, Google’s garage is now a University, both in letter and spirit. Stanford alumni Larry Page and Sergey Brin believe that fellow Googlers should feel they’re not at “work,” but rather still dreaming, learning and inventing at the “University.” And Google’s volleyball courts and gBikes are a representation of just that. With this university-like environment in mind, Google engineers “people collision,” a tweak in the environment that creates opportunities for people to meet in front of the coffee machines — which are a little slower than intended — or across cafeteria tables which are purposefully narrow. Brice Challamel, Business Transformation Lead at Google Cloud, tells us to “think of it like… Read full this story
- The Morning Download: CIO Job Title Transformed by Digital Transformation
- India Digital Transformation Market to Reach $710 Billion by 2024: P&S Intelligence
- How Jeff Bezos took Amazon to the top
- Ford to build its first driverless cars at new plant in Michigan
- New York Auto Show 2019: These 6 new technologies will transform cars
- TODD SMITH — Trust in institutions rose in 2018 according to new survey
- Talent needed for Michigan to compete with Silicon Valley in mobility
- Ray: State government in need of digital upgrade
- 5G wireless technology is coming to Denver. It will amaze and, possibly, disappoint.
- Aurora co-founder encourages students to be trustworthy
Driving Business Transformation at Google have 306 words, post on blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.com at August 14, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.