Heavy metal superpower Metallica, led by singer James Hetfield and co-founder Lars Ulrich, have sold out stadiums throughout the world with their monster hits Enter Sandman, Nothing Else Matters and St Anger. But their hero is a relatively unknown guitarist, 58-year-old Dave Crawte from Suffolk, who plays Rick Parfitt in Status Quo tribute act The Quo Experience.Crawte founded the new wave of British heavy metal band Trespass in the eighties – and now fronts the Quo doppelgangers who come to the Grand, Clitheroe, on Saturday, August 25th.Crawte said: “Metallica are the biggest metal band in the world, and James and Lars were one of the first people to join our fan club!“Trespass’ sound was very heavy in parts and quite melodic too, and they enjoyed our music.“I’ve met them many times and James says that Trespass were a big influence on Metallica and jokes that I’m their superstar.”He added: “When Metallica are touring they invite me to stand at the back of the stage.“It is usually the best view in the house and when I took my son to see Metallica’s show at the Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth, he stood there with his mouth wide open.“And when James and Lars… Read full this story
- Status Quo at Israel's Holy Christian Sites
- The Illusionary and Repressive Economic Status-Quo
- Chelation Therapy and Heavy Metal (Not the Music)
- Heavy Metals Can Be Good Or Bad
- Heavy Metal Detoxification and EDTA to Cleanse the Body
- Liquid Zeolite Useful For Heavy Metal Detox
- Heavy Metal Mercury Poisoning - Chelation and the Link With Autism - Asperger's and ADHD
- Investing in Heavy Metal - A Few Silver Dollars More
- How Do You Know If You Have Heavy Metal Poisoning?
- The Fallacy of the Status Quo
Heavy metal trailblazer rocks the Status Quo in Clitheroe have 303 words, post on www.clitheroeadvertiser.co.uk at August 17, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.