Vietnam loses $800 million every year from local gamblers going to other countries, Photo: Le Toan The Ministry of Finance (MoF) is currently revising Decree No.03/2017/ND-CP governing the casino business in Vietnam to cut a number of investment conditions on segments such as casinos, lotteries, and betting. If approved, this revised decree will expectedly be a boon for investors implementing registered projects. Regarding lottery, electronic games for foreigners, and casinos alone, the MoF proposed to cut eight conditions and simplify two. Electronic gaming services for foreigners would have three fewer conditions, while casinos would be subject to one fewer condition, with an additional condition simplified. In addition, horse and dog racing would see two conditions removed and four simplified. Up until Decree 03 was issued in January 2017, after about a decade of waiting, only people with foreign passports were permitted to play in Vietnam's casinos and e-gaming clubs. Locals have had permission to gamble in the casinos on a trial basis since the decree became official in March 2017. Casino operators have been moving ahead with this opening of the market. Several large-scale projects have been in the works ever since. By the end of 2017, seven casinos had been… Read full this story
- Devastated brides-to-be whose dream weddings were ruined by PM's U-turn on relaxing lockdown restrictions say they are 'mentally exhausted' and 'can no longer look forward to what should be the happiest day of their lives'
- Michigan's casinos remain closed. Unemployment freezes are leaving some workers desperate
- Louisiana coronavirus stay-at-home order extended but fewer restrictions for restaurants, malls
- MoD revises height restrictions norms in big relief to PMC
- Fury over Boris Johnson's plan to pause shielding from tomorrow as experts say it can't be safe to let vulnerable Britons return to work if bowling alleys and casinos can't open yet
- Administration plans new travel ban to meet courts’ objections
- Coronavirus concerns: What to know if you're planning to travel
- Coronavirus latest: Beijing outbreak 'extremely severe' as fears grow over second wave
- Restaurants to fight back; sports teams want fans in stands
- Palestine declares end of lockdown while maintaining state of emergency
Revised casino decree to further relax restrictions have 344 words, post on vir.com.vn at August 31, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.