Visions of blue waves and leftist insurgencies are roiling the Democratic Party. As a result, we are all subject to fretting by members of the Democratic establishment. They are lying to themselves. And if you fear what’s happening, so are you. Forty years of rising inequality, an endless “war on terror,” and the election of America’s most prominent racist clown as president have, at long last, given rise to a political moment in which actual left-wing candidates (by American standards, at least) threaten to gain a measurable amount of power. The most common objection to this development, heard mostly from older Democrats who have held some measure of influence in the party, is that it threatens to pull the party too far to the left, which will result, presumably, in a loss of power down the road. This is nonsense in two ways. First, from a purely political perspective: How’s the old strategy been working for you, Democrats? You control neither Congress, nor the White House, nor the Supreme Court, nor the majority of state governments, despite a national demographic mix that is in your favor. An easy way to measure the effectiveness of any existing strategy is to contemplate… Read full this story
- Career Corner: Purple unicorns don’t exist
- Trump Accuses Oprah of Burning Tapes That Don’t Exist to Hide Interview That Never Happened
- Republicans won't protect health care coverage of pre-existing conditions
- Guide to Louder Than Life: schedule, parking, do's & dont's
- You Realize The Olympics Don’t Have To Exist, Right?
- A chocolate cottage does exist as long as the guests don't eat it all
- ‘I Don’t Think People Will Be Looking for a Democratic Version of Trump’
- Jacksonville father aims to get changing tables in all men's restrooms
- Don't get ahead of yourselves, Democrats. That ‘blue wave’ may not be that high.
- Don't Count On Susan Collins To Save Roe v. Wade
Centrists Don't Exist have 317 words, post on splinternews.com at September 10, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.