New York Fashion Week opened just before the weekend with a masterclass from Tom Ford, A-list models oozing subdued sophistication in neutral palettes with Tom Hanks and break-out rom-com star Henry Golding in the front row. The US city kicks off a month-long fashion merry-go-round in which editors, celebrities and influencers descend first on the Big Apple before jetting off to fashion weeks in London, Milan and Paris. Ford took a chill pill – opening the spring/summer 2019 season by sending down the runway models Kaia Gerber, Gigi Hadid, Joan Smalls in matte make-up, headscarves and smokey eyes. For men, the trademark Tom Ford suit was fashioned into candy colours and metallics, paired with block shades and a traditional mac. For women, think feminine pencil skirts, little black dresses and feathered evening gowns worn with snakeskin-style jackets, with only minimal snatches of animal print after last season’s feline riot. Hemlines fell below the knee with delicate lace detailing, and there was double-breasted black pant suit for evening that wouldn’t look out of place on Meghan Markle, the newly minted Duchess of Sussex. Kate Spade put the sparkle into the event the following day, paying tribute in a riot of colour… Read full this story
- 'Scooby-Doo' wasn't just another cartoon. It was a reaction to the political turmoil at the time
- Rhea Chakraborty seeks CBI enquiry into Sushant Singh Rajput's death
- The Unprecedented History of the Chicks
- Sushant Singh Rajput suicide: Paani shelved due to creative differences with Shekhar Kapur, says Aditya Chopra
- Imagine No More Pandering: Why John Lennon's Protest Perennial Became an Anthem For the Clueless
- The 70 Greatest Conspiracy Theories in Pop-Culture History
Tributes, debuts and political statements have 270 words, post on www.nationmultimedia.com at September 10, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.