When Doug Wardlow got into the race for Minnesota attorney general, there weren’t a lot of others eager to challenge three-term DFL incumbent Lori Swanson. But a lot has changed since then — not only to the other side of the ticket, but to Wardlow’s chance of winning the office. Swanson got out of the race, then got back in, and then got back out again to make an unsuccessful bid for governor. Those moves caused a batch of DFL hopefuls to suffer through their own start-stop-and-start-again campaigns for attorney general. Then, just days before a DFL primary that would promote the party’s strongest and best-known candidate, Keith Ellison, the Minneapolis congressman was hit by an allegation of emotional and one-time physical abuse by a former live-in girlfriend. The few polls conducted on the race show Wardlow and Ellison tied, with enough undecided voters to make it anyone’s contest. “We’ve got momentum and I’m traveling all over the state and have done hundreds of campaign stops and every event we go to, there’s ever-increasing numbers of people coming and increasing enthusiasm,” Wardlow said. “The polls are looking good and we’re on a very good path. I think it’s because of the… Read full this story
- Democratic presidential candidates slam Attorney General William Barr amid calls for his resignation
- Speaker at DOJ hate crimes event directly rebukes Attorney General William Barr
- US House panel holds attorney general in contempt over Mueller report
- Donald Trump vows to use presidential powers to keep full Mueller report SECRET as Attorney General is held in contempt
- California’s attorney general pushes state bail system toward major overhaul
- Trump Says He Is Nominating Former Attorney General William Barr To Replace Jeff Sessions
- Trump's Attorney General Nominee Plans To Tell The Senate He'll Let Mueller "Complete His Work"
- NT decriminalises sex work as Attorney-General Natasha Fyles pushes through change
- William Barr Is Trump's 'Tool' and 'Weaponizing the Justice Department to Go After the President's Enemies,' Schiff Says
- Brexit: Rudd, Clark and Gauke should resign, says Andrew Bridgen
Doug Wardlow says he wouldn’t be ‘political’ as Minnesota attorney general. What does that mean? have 341 words, post on www.minnpost.com at October 8, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.