Environmental rulings and Shell boss reaction to IPCC report, plus Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees. Delano’s breakfast briefing. Haley for president? The shock resignation of Nikki Haley as US ambassador to the UN has been scrutinised in the media. Bloomberg’s Hal Brand says it is a “another win for Trumpism” and “may allow Trump to further put his own distinct imprint on foreign policy”. He also reports on rumours that Haley may run against Trump in primaries for the 2020 election. Vox’s Zack Beauchamp says Haley’s positive approval rating among both Republicans and Democrats is unique and that her politically brilliant work has “significantly improving her chances to be president down the line.” IMF issues Italy warning The International Monetary Fund has reacted to the Italian government’s budget plans for a deficit of 2.4% in 2019, saying it could trigger a debt default. “We think it is important that the government operate within the framework of the European rules, which are also important for the stability of the eurozone itself,” IMF’s chief economist Maurice Obstfeld was reported as saying in The Guardian. Environmental rulings The significance of Monday’s IPCC report on climate change has prompted some radical reaction…. Read full this story
- The White House is pushing a conspiracy theorist fired from the NSC for a top Pentagon position
- Donald Trump's National Security Advisor Robert O'Brien is diagnosed with coronavirus after contracting it at 'family event' – making him most senior White House official to have it
- An Elite Group Of Scientists Tried To Warn Trump Against Lockdowns In March
- Dapper Matt Dillon, 56, lovingly holds hands with his glam girlfriend Roberta Mastromichele as she accompanies him to Filming Italy Sardegna Festival
- Who is the ‘White Widow’ Samantha Lewthwaite and where is she now?
- Business Live: Lagarde and Carney call for more integrity in capitalism
- Coronavirus crisis: The dilemma of Covid-19’s second wave
- G20 finance officials stop short of recommending debt freeze extension
- Coronavirus latest news: Deaths toll passes 56,000 data shows as Covid-19 ‘here forever’ Oxford professor says
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: March 10-11
Haley White House rumours; IMF warns Italy; Virgin Galactic go have 343 words, post on delano.lu at October 9, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.