Will Higgins Indianapolis Star Published 5:19 PM EDT Oct 15, 2018 A physically imposing, 31-year-old rookie left-hander out of Brownsburg sent shock waves through the sports world Saturday by winning the 2018 Linear Bocce World Championships held in Indianapolis. Alex Clark had to defeat a field of more than 70 players, including a former North American champion and two former world champions. Clark had never played the game before, making his triumph one of the bigger upsets in the history of linear bocce, founded in 2014 in Indianapolis by IndyStar reporter Will Higgins and sponsored by IndyStar. “Playing this style of bocce doesn’t really require experience,” said Jeff Ayers, a pioneer of back-alley bocce and a long time linear bocce course marshal, ”but it helps to have good hand-eye coordination and bowling skills. Plus a little bit of luck — or bad luck for the other players. Alex had all these things.” The spectator gallery screamed with delight when, during the final round, Clark rolled his ball to within just a few inches of the pallino to clinch the title. In normal bocce getting within a few inches wouldn’t be a big deal, but linear bocce is long, long bocce. And it’s played in bumpy, hard-to-read back… Read full this story
- Dota 2 LGD Wins HyperX D2League + Captain’s new Dream Team
- ‘Fight Night Champion’ Review
- Pokémon X & Y Battle Tournament 2014 announced, UK dates inside
- Hearthstone’s new World Champion: "the sickest series I've ever played"
- Building Crown, part one: the first look at the next big Counter-Strike: GO competitive map
- Fatal 8 Tournament Crowns First ‘Mortal Kombat X’ Champion
- Pokémon World Champions have been crowned
- Dota 2 MLG Columbus Results: Speed Gaming Takes the Crown
- 2K Announces Wrestlemania 31 Contest, 2K Tournament of Champions
- Capcom wants to crown you Ultimate European Street Fighter Supreme Master
Linear bocce tournament in Indy alleyways crowns a new champion have 296 words, post on eu.indystar.com at October 15, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.