WASHINGTON, DC — Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Tuesday that the United States would turn back the 7,000-person caravan of migrants from Central America when they reach the United States’ border with Mexico. “The United States also has a message for those who are currently part of this caravan or any caravan which follows: You will not be successful at getting into the United States illegally no matter what,” Pompeo said at a briefing with reporters at the State Department.“I repeat, the caravan will not cross our southern border under any circumstances,” Pompeo said. Pompeo briefed reporters on several issues, including the U.S. investigation currently underway on the murder of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, who was allegedly killed in the Saudi Arabian embassy in Istanbul on October 2. Pompeo also spoke about the elections in Afghanistan, which he said were successful despite some glitches. But he spoke in most detail about the thousands of migrants who are headed to the United States from Central America and elsewhere. “The migrant caravan is violating Mexico’s sovereignty, laws, and immigration procedures,” Pompeo said. “President Trump will not stand for this to happen to the United States.” “To those who would say… Read full this story
- United States 2-0 Jamaica: Pepi's brace lifts USA in qualifying
- Barack Obama: Open Borders 'Unsustainable' for the United States
- These are the cartels that capture, extort and torture migrants in 8 Mexican states
- United States homeland is safer from terrorism than you think
- Exclusive - Rep. Ashley Hinson: 'Unacceptable' CBP Will Not Disclose How They Track Illegals in United States
- Living With H.I.V. Isn’t a Crime. Why Is the United States Treating It Like One?
- Whatever it takes, the United States needs bold climate action now
- United States Named the 'Most Dangerous' Developed Country for Women to Give Birth
- Golf-Europe face 'really tall task' versus United States in Ryder Cup finale
- Lori Loughlin ‘successfully gets her passport back’ after serving two months in prison for college admissions scandal
Pompeo to Caravan Migrants: ‘You Will Not Be Successful in Getting into the United States’ have 327 words, post on www.breitbart.com at October 23, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.