The newly-released 2019 Doing Business rankings by the World Bank showed that Myanmar ranks 171th out of 190 economies in the overall ease of doing business, unchanged from last year’s position. Economies are ranked on their ease of doing business, from 1-190, based on the average of each economy’s ease of doing business scores for the 10 topics included in this year’s aggregate ranking. The country occupies the same ranking with Iraq (171st), lower than Sudan (162nd) and above Angola (173rd). It remains the lowest-ranked ASEAN member and, with the exception of Timor-Leste (178th), the worst-ranked economy in East Asia and the Pacific. Laos (154th) – the second lowest-ranked in ASEAN – is 17 places higher. Other large economies include Indonesia (73rd), the Philippines (124th), Thailand (27th) and Vietnam (69th). Myanmar dropped from the fourth lowest-ranked in Asia last year to the third lowest (above Bangladesh and Timor), having been overtaken by Afghanistan (167th). In contrast, neighbouring China advanced more than 30 spots to 46th place in the global rankings, making it to the top 50. India also improved 23 spots to 77th place, becoming South Asia’s top-ranked economy. Malaysia regained its place in the world’s top 20 economies, moving up nine… Read full this story
- U.S. raises concerns over allegations World Bank changed business-friendly rankings for China
- World Bank and IMF join long list of global bodies under Beijing's spell
- Covid-19: Why the Philippines became the worst place to be with the virus
- IMF gets briefing on probe into China rankings at World Bank
- Countries Need Not Wait For Widespread Covid-19 Vaccination Before Reopening Schools: World Bank
- Why Philippines became the worst place to be amid Covid
- Why the Philippines became the worst place to be in Covid
- World Bank taking steps to boost research integrity after data rigging scandal
- Revealed: The 10 Best And 10 Worst Places For Women To Work
- Gas prices: Worst place in England for fuel poverty named -where does YOUR area rank?
Myanmar remains worst place in ASEAN for doing business, World Bank ranking shows have 313 words, post on www.mmtimes.com at November 4, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.