Seth Shostak, SETI Updated 4:52 pm PST, Monday, December 17, 2018 Photo: Seth Shostak Photo: Seth Shostak Image 1 of / 45 Caption Close Image 1 of 45 Photo: Seth Shostak Don’t rule out alien intelligence in UFO sightings, says scientist 1 / 45 Back to Gallery Is Earth being visited by space aliens? A lot of people think so, although few of them are scientists. Professional researchers are not easily persuaded by eyewitness testimony, blobby photos, or claims that evidence for itinerant aliens has been stashed away by a paranoid government. Put more succinctly, academia doesn’t give a whole lot of credence to the incessant claims that some of the thousands of UFOs sighted every year are actually alien craft. But at least one scientist has recently gone on record suggesting that the clipboard-carrying crowd should be a little less sure. That scientist is Silvano Colombano, a computer expert and roboticist at NASA’s Ames Research Center in the heart of the Silicon Valley. He was a presenter at a conference about new approaches in the search for extraterrestrial intelligence (SETI) held earlier this year at the SETI Institute in Mountain View, California. Colombano says that the skeptical attitudes of most… Read full this story
- Our Skies Are More Watched Than Ever, So Why Are Reported UFO Sightings on the Decline?
- The Roswell incident: how ‘UFO sighting’ sparked 70 years of conspiracy theories
- World UFO Day 2018: Exploring The 'Roswell Incident' And The Possibility of Alien Life
- UFO hunter claims the ‘penis area of an alien body on Mars’ is hiding a strange secret
- Three-fingered ‘alien mummy’ dug up in Peru could be new species of human, DNA test suggests
- The truth is out there? How Blink-182 frontman has become a leading voice on UFOs
- We are alone in the universe says study that dismisses the concept of aliens
- Shocking: Secret files reveal British spies spent years trying to catch UFO to build superweapons
- Author Jason Heller on David Bowie, UFOs, and How Science Fiction Changed Rock 'n' Roll
- Secret files reveal UK spies spent years trying to catch UFO to build superweapons
Don't rule out alien intelligence in UFO sightings, says scientist have 335 words, post on www.sfgate.com at December 18, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.