Donald TrumpIn an interview with Fox News last week, President Trump revealed his inner thoughts about electric cars—not that many had any doubts. “All-electric is not going to work,” he said, referring to General Motors’ stated goal to transition to “a world with zero crashes, zero emissions, and zero congestion.” The company announced last year that it will launch 20 new hybrid, plug-in, and electric cars by 2023 to meet more stringent emissions standards in China, Europe, California, and elsewhere. READ THIS: GM to kill Chevy Volt production in 2019 Referring to GM CEO Mary Barra’s announcement of the plan, Trump said, ““They’ve changed the whole model of General Motors. They’ve gone to all-electric. All-electric is not going to work … It’s wonderful to have it as a percentage of your cars, but going into this model that she’s doing I think is a mistake.” DON’T MISS: Trump vows retaliation against GM for layoffs GM announced last month that it would shut down five assembly plants, including the Detroit Hamtramck factory that builds the Chevy Volt and the Lordstown, Ohio, factory that builds the compact Chevrolet Cruze that underpins the Volt. At the same time, the company plans to lay… Read full this story
- Trump says he plans to resume travel next week with trip to Arizona
- Tesla Model 3 sales rev up in first quarter, outpace other electric cars in U.S.
- Trump says China made a 'horrible mistake' and tried to cover-up coronavirus outbreak, hours after Mike Pompeo claimed there was 'enormous evidence' that COVID-19 escaped a Wuhan lab
- Donald Trump says the US will bill China MORE than $160BILLION for coronavirus damage as he claims country could have stopped the spread sooner
- Donald Trump says he has seen evidence that the coronavirus started in Wuhan virology laboratory – as he warns he could impose tariffs of $1 TRILLION on China in retribution
- Donald Trump says he has NEVER thought of moving date of November election as he tries to project calm at Rose Garden press conference after his disinfectant disaster and weekend of rage tweeting
- Dyson could become next Tesla with its electric car, says expert
- Dyson developing an electric car, according to government documents
- Trump says he won’t extend Covid-19 social distancing guidelines
- Trump says coronavirus ‘should never have escaped China’ as intel debunks claim killer disease was ‘manmade’
Electric cars "not going to work," Trump says of GM's plan have 398 words, post on www.greencarreports.com at December 18, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.