By Ali Tadayon | [email protected] | Bay Area News Group PUBLISHED: December 14, 2018 at 1:16 pm | UPDATED: December 17, 2018 at 6:24 am BAY AREA — Riding a Ford GoBike up one of the Bay Area’s daunting hills is going to be a lot easier with the the company’s new fleet of electric pedal-assist e-bikes. More than 500 of the e-bikes — called Ford GoBike Plus — were docked at Ford GoBike docking stations this week in Oakland, Emeryville and Berkeley, with an additional 600 in San Francisco and 120 in San Jose, a Ford GoBike spokeswoman said. The e-bikes are distributed among the existing GoBikes, so riders can take their pick of which one they want to use. The GoBike app shows which of the company’s 546 stations are stocked with the e-bikes. The bikes are equipped with electric motors that give riders a boost as they pedal. The maximum speed is 18 mph. “E-bikes require less physical exertion, flatten uphill trips and offer a sweat-free ride, making cycling a more attractive option for a wider range of trip rides,” GoBike officials said in a news release. “By making longer trips easier, e-bikes can help shift travel patterns… Read full this story
- PG&E adds more Bay Area counties to shutoff list
- PG&E begins cutting power for nearly 90,000 Bay Area residents
- PG&E equipment may have started fifth Bay Area fire Sunday, utility tells state regulators
- Trump infrastructure plan fails to impress Bay Area officials
- What would happen if a 7.1 earthquake shook the San Francisco Bay Area today?
- KPIX 5 Food For Bay Area Families
- The most famous Bay Area high school alumni and the schools they attended
- The terrifying 10 months when the East Area Rapist emerged in the Bay Area
- 3 Bay Area schools to close as enrollment shrinks
- Rain could save Bay Area from extreme fire weather starting next week
Ford GoBike adds electric bikes in Bay Area have 307 words, post on www.eastbaytimes.com at December 14, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.