Former Renault and Scuderia Ferrari driver Giancarlo Fisichella has paid an emotional tribute to former rival Michael Schumacher, saying the German great “rewrote the history of Formula 1”. Michael Schumacher’s condition remains mostly a mystery after he suffered traumatic brain injuries in a skiing accident in 2013, as the seven-time world champion is recovering at his home in Switzerland and has not been seen publicly since the accident. Giancarlo Fisichella went toe to toe with Michael Schumacher in the 2005 and 2006 Formula One seasons, before joining the Maranello team in 2009 in order to replace the injured Felipe Massa while Michael Schumacher was an advisor at the team – and had been expected to replace the Brazilian, only for a neck injury to deny him. Fisichella told Rai: “We were friends. He was a great football fan and we regularly kicked a ball together. As a colleague he was an incredible opponent, he rewrote the history of Formula 1. Having raced with him has given me so much, and the few times I came in front made me even more proud because he is a great champion. It is a cruel fate that someone who as a racer so… Read full this story
- Vettel open to offering Schumacher advice
- Ferrari misses out on a podium place at F1 Australian GP
- 'Broad City,' The Oral History: Abbi Jacobson, Ilana Glazer, Amy Poehler—And More!—on Their Culture-Shaking Show
- When Jack Daniel’s Failed to Honor a Slave, an Author Rewrote History
- Transcript: Jamie Metzl talks with Michael Morell on "Intelligence Matters"
- Personal Injury Law attorney Michael Avery comments on Shumate v. Mitchell, a recent Virginia Supreme Court decision
- Lakewood's Harrison Elementary School celebrates Black History Month
- Who is Wade Robson? Michael Jackson Accuser Details Abuse in ‘Leaving Neverland’ Documentary
- Super Bowl 2019: Julian Edelman surpasses Michael Irvin for 2nd-most receiving yards in NFL postseason history
- How once-rampant blackface in pop culture became history
Michael Schumacher 'rewrote F1 history' have 321 words, post on scuderiafans.com at December 5, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.