It was reported last month that the Tata H7X, the Tata Harrier’s 7-seat version, will debut at Auto Expo 2020. A new report from Overdrive says that the debut will take place in 2019.
The Mahindra XUV500 is currently the only proper three-row unibody SUV available in India for a price of under INR 20 lakh, and Tata Motors plans to disrupt its market with the launch of the H7X. There’s also the opportunity of luring Jeep Compass customers by offering a plusher three-row model for the price of a five-seater.
The three-row version of the Tata Harrier will carry a different name. Vivek Srivatsa, Head of Marketing, Tata Motors, revealed to IAB last week that the three-row version, that it will look “sufficiently different”. Expect the roof to get stretched and flattened, and also a longer rear overhang, all to accommodate two extra passengers comfortably.
The Tata Harrier employs FCA’s 140 PS 2.0-litre MultiJet II diesel engine, dubbed Kryotec. The seven-seater will use the 170 PS version of this engine, called ‘Kryotec170’, according to IAB’s findings. Both versions are available in the India-made Jeep Compass in export markets. Transmission choices will include 6-speed manual and 6-speed automatic. There’s no word on the availability of an AWD system.
Tata Motors says that the Harrier will cost INR 16-21 lakh OTR. The Tata H7X’s prices could start somewhere between INR 15-20 lakh (ex-showroom).
Tata Harrier – Image Gallery
- Expo 2020 Dubai partners with PepsiCo
- Purported Tata H7X (7-seat Tata H5X) test mule spotted [video]
- Auto Expo 2018: The Highs And The Lows
- Expo 2020 Creative Youth Programme pavilion design competition
- Vietnam Auto Expo 2009 opens in Hanoi
- Turkmenistan preparing for participation in World Expo 2020
- Tata H7X SUV: First video of the 7 seat, Toyota Fortuner challenger
- Dubai’s Expo 2020 pavilions offer opportunities for contractors
- Mahindra and Tata Motors support each other: Discuss Car Design in India
- Tata to launch 45X-based hatchback in 2019