As usual, there was no shortage of worthy contenders for The A.V. Club 's list of the best movie scenes of the year. Even flawed films can contain flashes of brilliance, the parts that shine more brightly than the whole. And of course, plenty of the year's best movies worked on a micro and macro level, though not all of them contained one strong passage that could be cited and isolated—which is to say, as we do every year, that not all great movies contain great scenes, just as not all great scenes come from great movies. If you stitched together every standout cinematic moment from 2018, the resulting supercut would be longer than two Avengers sequels put together. So we've narrowed it down to just 25 choices, with no more than a single scene per film (a restriction that resulted in even more agonizing, because how does one decide between Tom Cruise jumping out an airplane and Tom Cruise destroying a bathroom?). And there's no particular order to the list, beyond the selection of a consensus favorite—the year's purest blast of movie magic—and an attempt to stick the climaxes and big plot twists near the bottom. Because, yes, we're… Read full this story
- The 18 best movies of 2018 that you absolutely need to see
- Colette review – Keira Knightley is on top form in exhilarating literary biopic
- Who is the best Oscar-winning director of all time?
- If Beale Street Could Talk review – Barry Jenkins' tragic romance soars
- Widows review – Steve McQueen dazzles with masterful thriller
- You can connect all 9 Best Picture Oscar nominees with actors they have in common -- here's how
- Bergman films at ASI; Aizuri Quartet at Hamline
- Dogs have their day at 'Patrick' film premiere
- The 100 best science fiction movies of all time, according to critics
- IN PHOTOS: Scenes from Cinemalaya Awards 2018
The best film scenes of 2018 have 309 words, post on www.avclub.com at December 7, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.